12 Haftalık Pilates Uygulamalarının 65 Yaş Üstü Kadınlarda Algılanan Öznel Sağlığa Etkisi
|Author Name||University of Author||Faculty of Author|
Keywords (Original Language):
1. ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine). (1998).
American College of Sports Medicine position stand.
Exercise and physical activity for older adults. Medicine
and Science in Sports and Exercise, 30, 992-1008
2. Barbara R. (2009). Promoting exercise for older adults.
Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners,
21 (2), 77-78.
3. Bernardo LM. (2007). The effectiveness of pilates
training in healthy adults: An appraisal of the research
literature. Journal of Bodywork and Movement
Therapies, 11, 106-110.
4. Biddle SJH, Faulkner GE. (2002). Psychological
and social benefits of physical activity. (KM Chan, W
Chodzko-Zajko, W Frontera, A Parker, Eds). Active
Ageing. (s. 89-164). Hong Kong: Lippincott, Williams &
5. Brislin RW. (1980). Translation and content analysis of
oral and written materials. In H. C. Triandis & J. W. Berry
(Eds.), Handbook of Cross Culturel Psychology, 2, (s. 38-
44). Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
6. Brislin RW. (1986). The wording and translation of
research instruments. In W. J. Lonner & J. W. Berry
(Eds.), Field Methods and Educational Research (s. 137-
164). Newbury park, CA: Sage.
7. Caldwell K, Harrison M, Adams M, Triplett T. (2008).
Effect of pilates and taiji quan training on self efficacy,
sleep quality, mood and physical performance of
college students. Journal of Bodywork and Movement
Therapies, 13(2), 155-163.
8. Desharnis R, Jobin JC, Levesque L, Godin G. (1993).
Aerobic exercise and placebo effect: A controlled study.
Psychosomatic Medicine, 55(2), 149-154.
9. Dias RC, Dias JMD. (2003). Impact of an exercise and
walking protocol on quality of life for elderly people with
OA of the knee. Physiotherapy Research International,
10. Elavski S, McAuley E, Motl R, Konopack J, Marquez
DX, Hu L, et al. (2005). Physical activity enhances long
term quality of life in older adults: Efficacy, esteem and
affective influences. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 30
11. Erickson KI. (2009). Aerobic exercise effects on
cognitive and neural plasticity in older adults. British
Journal of Sports Medicine, 43 (1), 22-24.
12. Foos WP, Clark CM. (2003). Human ageing. Pearson
13. Friedman P, Eisen G, Miller WJ, Joseph H. (1980).
Pilates Techniques of Physical Conditioning. Dubble day
and company, New york.
14. García JMS, Sánchez EC, Garcia ADJ, González
YE, Piles ST. (2007). Influence of a circuit trainning
programme on helath related fitness and quality of
life in sedentary women of over 70 years. Fitness and
Performance Journal. 6(1), 16-19.
15. Jones CJ, Rose DJ. (2005). Physical Activity Instruction
of Older Adults. USA: Human Kinetics.
16. Işıkhan V. (2000). Yaşlıların yaşam kalitesi. Antropoloji
ve Yaşlılık, (Ed. Gönül Erkan ve Vedat Işıkhan), Hacettepe
Üniversitesi Sosyal Hizmetler Yüksekokulu, Yayın No: 6,
17. Hortobagyi T, Zheng D, Weidner M, Lambert NJ,
Westbrook S, Houmard JA. (1995). The influence
of aging on muscle strength and muscle fiber
characteristics with special reference to eccentric
strength. Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, 50
18. Kesre N, Elley CR, Robinson E, Arroll B. (2005). Is
physical activity counseling effective for older people?
A cluster randomized, controlled trial in primary care.
Journal of American Geriatrics Society, 53, 1951-1956.
19. Latey P. (2001). The pilates method: History and
philosophy. Journal of Bodywork and Movement
Therapies, 5(4), 275-282.
20. McAuley E, Blissmer B, Katula J, Duncan TE, Mihalko
SL. (2000). Physical activity, self esteem and self
efficacy relationships in older adults: A randomized
controlled trial. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 22(2),
21. McAuley E, Pena MM, Jerome GJ. (2001). Self-efficacy
as a determinant and an outcome of exercise. (GC
Roberts, Ed.), Advances In Motivation In Sport And
Exercise (s. 235-261). Champaign, Il: Human Kinetics
22. Melvin D, Cheitlin MD. (2008). Cardiovascular
Physiology: Changes With Aging. The American Journal
of Geriatric Cardiology, 12 (1), 9–13.
48 Özdemir, Babayiğit İrez
23. Miller M, Rejeski WJ, Reboussin BA, TenHave T,
Ettinger W. (2000). Physical activity, functional
limitations, and disability in older adults. Journal of
American Geriatrics Society, 48, 1264-1272.
24. Motl RW, Konopack JF, McAuley E, Elavsky S, Jerome
GJ, Marquez, DX. (2005). Depressive symptoms among
older adults: Long term reduction after a physical
activity intervention. Journal of Behaivoral Medicine,
25. Phelan EA, Williams B, Pennix B, Logerfo JP, Leveille
S. (2004). Activities of daily living function and
disability in older adults in a randomised trial of health
enhancement program. Journals of Gerontology:
Medical Sciences, 59, 838-843.
26. Po WK, Fox KR, McKenna J. (2008). Assessing
subjective well being in Chinese older adults: The
chinese aging well profile. Social Indicators Research,
27. Powers SK, Quindry J, Hamilton K. (2004). Aging,
exercise and cardioprotection. Annals of the New York
Academy of Sciences, 1019, 462-470.
28. Riggs BL, Wahner HW, Seeman E, Offord KP, Dunn
WL, Mazess RB, et al. (1982). Changes in bone mineral
density of the proximal femur and spine with aging.
Journal of Clinical Investigations, 70(4), 716–723.
29. Schechtman KB, Ory MG. 2001. The effects of exercise
on the quality of life of frail older adults: A preplanned
meta analysis of the FICSIT trials. Annals of Behavioral
Medicine, 23(3), 186-197.
30. Segal NA, Hein J, Basford JR. (2004). The effects of
pilates training on flexibility and body composition: An
observationaol study. Archieves of Physical Medicine
and Rehabilitation, 85, 1977-1981.
31. Selby A. (2002), Pilates for Pregnanc. Harper Collins
Publishers Ltd., London.
32. Simonsick EM, Lafferty ME, Phillips CL, Mendes de
Leon CF, Kasl SV, Seeman, et al. (1993). Risk due to
inactivity in physically capable older adults. American
Journal of Public Health, 83,1443-1450.
33. Skelton DA, Beyer N. (2003). Exercise and injury
prevention in older people. Scandinavian Journal of
Medicine & Science in Sports, 13, 77-85.
34. Smith K, Smith E. (2005). Integrating Pilatesbased
Core Strengthening Into Older Adult Fitness
Programs: Implications for Practice. Topics in Geriatric
35. Souza MS, Vieira CB, (2006). Who are the people
lookling for the plates method. Journal of Bodywork
and Movement Therapies, 10, 328-334.
36. Stathi A, Fox KR. (2002). The preliminary development
of a self assessment instrument to measure dimensions
of subjective well being in active older adults. 10th
World Congress of Sport Psychology, Skiathos, Hellas.
37. Stathi A, Fox KR, McKEnna J. (2002). Physical activity
and dimensions of subjective well being in older adults.
Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 10(1), 79-92.
38. Stathi A, Fox KR. (2004). The dimensions of a well
being scale designed for older adults: the aging well
profile. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 12, 300-
39. Stathi A, Simey P. (2007). Quality of life in the fourth
age: Exercise experiences of nursing home residents.
Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 15(1), 272-286.
40. Sward LK. (2001). Effects of resistance exercise training
on muscular system, fitness, physical self perceptions
and quality of life in the elderly. Yayımlanmamış Doktora
tezi. University of Pittsburgh.
41. Tabachnick BG, Fidel LS. (2001). Using Multivariate
Statistics. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
42. Taylor AH, Fox KR. (2005). Effectiveness of a primary
care exercise referral intervention for changing physical
self perceptions over 9 months. Health Psychology,
43. Vreede PL, Meeteren NL, Samson MM, Wittink HM,
Duursma SA, Verhaar HJ. (2007). The effects of
functional task exercise and resistance exercise on
helath related quality of life and physical activity.
Gerontology, 53, 12-20.