Study of profile, knowledge and problems of anganwadi workers in ICDS blocks: a cross sectional study
1. National Health Programme Series 7, Integrated Childhood Development Services, Dr.Sunder Lal, National Institute of Health
and Family Welfare, New Mehrauli Road, Munirka, New Delhi-110 067.
2. Gupta JP, Manchanda UK, Juyal RK. A Study of the Functioning of Anganwadi Workers of Integrated Child Development
Scheme, Jama Masjid, Delhi (1979), NIHFW publication.
3. PEO (programme evaluation organization, planning commission, Govt. of India) Study No.12. Evaluation report on the
integrated child development services project (1976-78) -1982
4. Khan Z, Hasan J. A profile of Anganwadi workers in Jawan .Block of district Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, Indian Journal of
Community Medicine, 1992; 17: 58-62.
Indian Journal of Basic & Applied Medical Research; June 2013: Issue-7, Vol.-2, P. 738-744
www.ijbamr.com P ISSN: 2250-284X E ISSN: 2250-2858
5. Seema TN. "Performance of Anganwadi centers in Kerala: An evaluation Experim~nt to develop a model centre with
community participation" Discussion paper no. 28.. 2001, Kerala research programme on local level development
studies,Tiruvananthapuram, ISBN no.81-87621-30-3.
6. Three Decades of ICDS. An Appraisal. National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, 5, Siri Institutional
Area, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016.
7. Vasundhara MK, Harish BN. Nutrition and health education through ICDS. Indian J Matern Child Health. 1993;4: 25-6
8. World Food Programme, India, The food aid arm of the United Nations. Adolescent Girls in Tribal Integrated Child
Development Services, A Pilot Project funded by USAID, email@example.com
9. Kapil U, Saxena N, Nayar D, Gnanasekara N. Status of growth monitoring activities in selected ICDS projects of
Rajasthan.Indian Pediatr. 1996; 33: 949-52.J,O.
10. Kapil U, Sood AK, Gaur DR, Bhasin S. Assessment of knowledge and skills about growth monitoring amongst multipurpose
1, workers in an ICDS project, Indian Pediatr. 1991;28: 895-9.
11. Bhasin SK, Kumar R, Singh S, Dubey KK, Kapil U., Knowledge of Anganwadi workers about growth monitoring in Delhi.,
Indian Pediatr.1995; 32: 73-6.
12. Chattopadhya D . Knowledge and Skills of Anganwadi workers in Hooghly District, West Bengal, Indian Journal of
Community Medicine, 29, 3: 2004-09.
13. Gopaldas T, Christian PS, Abbi RD, Gujral S., Does growth monitoring work as it ought to in countries of low literacy?, J
Trop Pediatr. 1990; 36: 322-7.
14. Nayar D, Kapil U, Nandan D., Assessment of community contribution to the ICDS scheme in district Agra: a case study,
IndianJ Matern Child Health 1999;10: 4-5.